#CID2N - Modular Line In-Use Relay
- Make Something Happen When Line Is In-Use
- 2 Form C Contacts (DPDT)
- For Analog Lines and Station Ports
Warranty & Terms
- 1 Year Warranty
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- See Full Warranty / Ordering Terms
Modular Line In-Use Relay
2 Form C Contacts
This relay MUST be connected in-series with the device that goes off-hook on the line. You can make just about anything happen when the phone goes off-hook with this relay!
The line powered Modular In-Use Relay has two mod jacks on one side of the box. These two jacks are for the phone line and the telephone or CPE device. It doesn't matter which jack you use for which, but the electricity must pass through this device before getting to the phone for the relay to operate when the phone is off-hook.
The DPDT relay contacts are brought out on a 6 Pin Modular Jack on the opposite side of the box (spec sheet with pinout diagram below) through a short solid wire 6 conductor cord (included) that can be punched down to a block or spliced to other wires (use UY connectors / B-Wire Connectors – not included).
The relay contacts will go on and off depending on whether the phone is off-hook or on-hook. The relay operates when current is flowing between the jacks when the phone or phone equipment is off-hook.
Modular Line In-Use Relay Specs:
- Connects INLINE to the phone line through 2 modular jacks
- Includes an LED to indicate Off-Hook
- Ignores ringing and pulse dialing
- 2 form C contacts (DPDT) on a 6P6C modular jack (RJ-12)
- Relay contacts are for low voltage / low current devices. Use it to operate a bigger slave relay for higher current or higher voltage applications.