DTMF (DIGIT) DECODERS
Touch-Tones are used in every aspect of business today! It's time to have a DTMF Decoder!
If you can't test DTMF to see if it's being sent and received correctly, how can you efficiently troubleshoot your customer's equipment? This is an investment that will pay for itself by saving you just a few hours of chasing your tail! Now you can "see"
One great application is getting the Speed Dial #'s out before
swapping out equipment. The customer usually doesn't have a list of all those Speed Dial
numbers, so they're thrilled when you give it to them!
Don't guess! Use our Decoders for diagnosing problems with:
- Voice Mail
- DTMF DID (The Dialer Buddy does both Rotary and Tone DID)
- Speed Dial
- Checking Dialers
- Decoding ABCD digits (AUTOVON, PBX In-Band Signalling, and Alarm Systems)
- Simple SMDR (on the Tone Master TM16 Plus model with serial
port, and the Dialer Buddy)
You're wasting your time trying to fix this stuff without these inexpensive Digit Decoders...in many cases problems can't be fixed without one!
Our Most Popular DTMF Decoder...
Now with Logging Software that works with XP!!
Has 2K Memory, 19.2K baud RS-232,
Windows Logger Program & Digit Analysis!
Leave it on a job site connected
to an old Laptop, go do some other calls, then come back and see the exact
time that everything happened on that line - to spot Intermittent Problems!
- Tone & Rotary DTMF Digit Decoder
Does BOTH Tone and Rotary DID
- Speaker with Volume Control
- Tells you the duration of a CPC signal
- 2 Line Display
- 32 Character Digit Display Scrolls through Memory
- 16 Character Analysis Display with Digit ON/OFF, Hookflash and CPC
- Displays Digit ON/OFF Times
through the last 2,000 Characters in Normal mode, or the last 400
characters in Analysis mode.
everything you see on the screen, out the serial port!
- Auto Shut-off Feature (Programmable)
- Includes Windows Event Logging Software that time and date stamps each string of digits (including timing in Analysis mode). Note that software might have to be run as Administrator in Vista.
- RS-232 output to any communications program, like Hyperterminal or Procomm
- Complete with Case, Windows Logger/Time Stamper Program, DB9 serial cable, 9V Battery & AC Adapter
NOTE: If you bought a Dialer Buddy in the past and received the old WIndows software that would only run on 95/98, just give us a call or send us an e-mail, and we'll e-mail you the new Windows version that works with XP and Vista (as well as older Windows operating systems).
Part Number: TOH3C Price: $264.95
DIALER BUDDY 9VDC ADAPTER (Power Cube)
This is the replacement Power Cube for the Dialer Buddy DTMF Decoder (included with the Dialer Buddy).
Part Number: TOH9O Price: $9.95
PLUS with RS-232 Serial Port
Does Tone, Rotary and Flash Timing!
Will decode audio from a Tape Recorder or Sound Card
Has an RS-232 Serial Port and Windows PC Logging Software.
See the last 80 digits dialed with the built-in 80 character buffer... Scroll right or left to view the digits in the 16 character LCD display.
Built in Speaker to Monitor Call Progress.
This is our only DTMF Decoder that will decode audio. Our other DTMF Decoder will only decode digits on a phone line with talk battery. The TM-16 Plus has a 3.5mm jack so you can feed it digits from a tape recorder or sound card.
Connect the 1200 Baud DB-25 RS-232 port to your laptop, go do other calls, come back and see what actually happened while you were away!
It's pretty hard to sit and stare at a display while waiting for an error to occur. This is the answer!
Included Windows PC Software that Time and Date Stamps each call.
Pays for itself the first time you use it!
Part Number: TOH3M Price: $249.95
Tone Master AC Adapter
Part Number: TOH3N Price: $8.95
your own PC applications that use Touch Tones!
The PC GRABBER Model 307 is made for developers that need a way to read DTMF into their computer application, thru a serial port
It will also send DTMF using a reduced AT command set (similar to using any Hayes type modem). Can be used with any terminal program like HyperTerminal, Zterm or Minicom. It doesn't come with any software.
The PC GRABBER Model 307 simply plugs into a 9 pin
serial port, and has a modular jack for the phone line. It's powered by the computer's serial port. Comes with a cord with alligator clips, or use any modular cord.
Easy to Use:
- ATD13125551212 dials 1-312-555-1212
- Use an AT Command to Answer the Line
- Use an AT command to Hang-up the Line
- Get a RING when the line rings
- Get ASCII digits when the Model 307 hears them
Part Number: TOH5F Price: $209.95
Whozz Calling 2: Call Accounting / Caller ID Box
Whozz Calling 2 Front Panel
Whozz Calling 2 Rear Panel
2 ports with a DB-9 Serial output to connect to a Serial Printer or PC!
Has a 250 Call Buffer, to store calls until you download them to your PC - using
any terminal program with a "Save to Disk" feature!
It's like a Swiss Army Knife for phone lines! It will record whatever information your customer needs to know about his phone lines. A real problem solver!
Actually records the digits dialed on INBOUND calls too! This means you can match the Caller ID number with the mailbox the caller dialed on a Voice Mail system. If he hangs up or doesn't leave a message, you can still call him back and know what he wanted!
Here's what it will do (turn any of these On or Off!):
- See Inbound Caller ID (with name if delivered)
- See any DTMF digits dialed ON INBOUND CALLS! Use this to verify what mailbox was dialed along with the Caller ID number!
- See OUTBOUND calls - records 25 digits (like beeper #s etc.) including * and #
- See the Time, Date and Duration of all calls... IN and OUT!
- Detailed real time data for On Hook, Off Hook, Flash and Ring Signals - allows for diagnosis of hard to find problems on PBX and Voice Mail systems.
- Get information before, after, or before and after each call
Part Number: CID6L Price: $209.95
Calling 4: Call Accounting / Caller ID Box
Detailed real time data for DTMF, Caller ID, On Hook, Off Hook,
Flash and Ring Signals... Allows for diagnosis of hard to find problems on PBX and Voice Mail systems.
- 4 or 8 ports with a DB-9 Serial output to connect to a Serial Printer or
- Can be chained together to cover 40 lines into ONE
- Actually records the digits dialed on INBOUND calls too! This
means you can match the Caller ID number with the digits that the called
dialed into a Voice Mail System.
- It's like a Swiss Army Knife for phone lines! It will record
whatever information you need to know about phone lines. A real problem solver!
Here's what it will do (turn any of these On or Off!):
- See Inbound Caller ID (with name if delivered)
- See any DTMF digits dialed ON INBOUND CALLS! Use this to
verify what mailbox number was dialed along with the Caller ID number!
- See OUTBOUND calls - records 25 digits (like beeper #s etc.)
including * and #.
- See the Time, Date and Duration of all calls... IN and OUT!
- Detailed real time data for On Hook, Off Hook, Flash
and Ring Signals - allows for diagnosis of hard to find problems on PBX and Voice Mail
- Get information before, after, or before and after each
- Block or Allow up to 50 phone numbers
from ringing through! You can also block PRIVATE and UNAVAILABLE
- Programmable First Ring Suppression prevents calls from being answered
before the Caller ID information is delivered (between the first and
- Comprehensive (very detailed), or simple data
Use the Whozz Calling 4 or 8 with a PC (front end) and custom software to control
your phone lines... Using the "IN" & "OUT" modular jacks, you can pass
or block each call depending upon:
- Incoming line number
- Time of day
- Area or Exchange Code
- List of 10 or a million phone
- Pop up customer records on screen before answering the call.
Allows for a few moments to review client's information before responding.
- Build prospect mailing lists for Call-ins.
numbers with names and addresses.
- Call back customers that hang up during busy times. Unit logs
every call whether answered or not.
- Save time taking orders. Bring up customer records and save
precious seconds during peak hours.
- Automatically bill clients. Route date, time and duration of
each call directly to your billing software.
- Determine the number of telephone personnel required. Track
number of rings before calls are answered and duration of calls.
- Determine outbound telemarketing productivity. Calculate # of
successful contacts vs. number of calls/total time on phone.
- Track Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
reports all digits dialed during a phone call.
- Increase modem/LAN security. Inbound hardware blocking
prevents unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Great BBS applications. Use Caller ID to verify new users,
stop password sharing and discourage hackers.
- Deterring employee personal calls and unauthorized long
distance usage. Cross check outbound calls with telephone bill charges.
||Name Field, 15 Characters
(Name is delivered in some areas
referred to as Caller ID Deluxe).
dialed are shown
NOTE: Special version available for foreign countries using DTMF Caller ID (name not available), or British / ETSI Caller ID.
Mention you saw it on the Internet and get your first 4 Port box for development, at a discount! You can chain 4 and 8 Port units together to cover up to 40 lines.
Part Number: CID4L Price: $399.95 ||| 2+ Price: $389.95
Whozz Calling 4 or 8 Battery Backup for Real Time Clock
The clocks in these units are set by Caller ID signals, from the phone company. If you don't have Caller ID and just want to record DTMF, you can set the clock using a Touch Tone phone, and the Battery Backup will retain the time if the unit gets unplugged.
Part Number: CID4P Price: $15.00
Calling 8: Call Accounting / Caller ID Box
Same features as 4 Port unit, chains with 4 or 8 Port units to cover up to 40 lines.
Part Number: CID6I Price: $714.95 ||| 3+ Price: $699.95
CALLER ID LINK: Windows TSR Type Program for SCREEN POPS
Plug your Whozz Calling (Full Feature only, but not with Memory/Modem) into a serial port on your PC, and it will record all activity, including outgoing if you have a Full Feature unit, into a flat file on your hard disk. It starts automatically with windows. Everything is time and date stamped. For incoming calls, the program leaves the last Caller ID number received in a separate file for each line (like whooz01.dat, whooz02,dat, etc.).
If you want to bring Caller ID into a custom written program, you simply have the program open the small flat file for the appropriate line number, when you want to do a screen pop for that line.
It's usually easier to read and parse the information from a file, than to read the serial port (which is what Caller ID LINK does for you). You might even be able to read the flat file from a regular database program (like Access).
Since you never know which line you need to answer (Murphy's Law says that more than one line is going to ring at the same time), your program needs a way for you to tell it which line you're going to answer, so it will pop the correct information.
If you have 12 or fewer lines, the F Keys (above the numbers on a keyboard) are the easiest to use (if your program doesn't already use them). You may also be able to use a two key combination, like SHIFT and the F Key.
This works best on a Square Key System (where all of the lines are the same line number on every phone). That way, someone can hit the F Key even before they answer the line, to see who's calling. On a PBX, you could hit the F Key after the line is answered, if the line number is shown on the phone's display.
Requires Windows 95 and up, a PC with a minimum 486-66 with 32 meg of RAM, a serial port, hard drive with 10 meg free, and a Network Interface Card (NIC) so other computers on the network can access the Caller ID data.
This PC becomes the Caller ID Server.
Part Number: CID4Q Price: $89.95
CALLER ID WATCH PLUS NETWORK - Up to 80 LINES!
CALLER ID and CALL ACCOUNTING DISPLAY SOFTWARE
ID information on any Windows
PC on your network... BUT:
You can also see the Caller ID on any Windows PC on
Works with the 2 Line,
4 Line or 8 Line
Whozz Calling Box.
The 4 and 8 line Boxes
can be chained
together to cover up to 80 lines!
See 2, 4, 8, 18 or 40 lines on a
screen at once. Hit the SPACEBAR to see the next screen - up to 80
Works with any
Windows PC on the Internet!
I can see what's
happening at the office from my laptop and home using wireless cellular
data (I use Verizon).
With the Full Feature Caller
Box (not the Lite Box), you can see when a line is busy (the red LED
lights), and you can see outbound calls - including the number dialed.
All call information is logged to a
flat file, which can be imported into Excel or Access to be sorted any
way you need it.
requires some knowledge of Windows networking, including IP addresses.
Requires an 800x600 or
Look Up Callers
in your own Database...
on the Line Number with your mouse, and capture your choice of the
Phone Number (with or without dashes) or the Name to the PC's Clipboard.
Then Hit ALT TAB to switch to a
running program, and hit CONTROL V
to paste the Name or Number into your program.
calling without even looking at the screen!
ID on your PC
When a new call comes in, you can tell Caller
ID Watch Plus to talk to you! It will tell you the Line
Number, the Name and/or the Phone
HERE to listen to Caller ID Watch
You can turn the speech on or
off on any PC, but it even talks on a PC anywhere on the Internet!
Watch Plus will make every incoming call easier:
- See who's on each line before you answer
Your phone will need a button for each line, or a way to select which
line you're answering
- See who's on other lines,
that you're not talking on
- See which lines are busy, and which are
idle (requires Full Feature Caller ID Box)
Know whan all lines are busy, or when you need to add lines
- See which lines are busy with
incoming calls, and which lines are busy with outgoing
(requires Full Feature Caller ID Box)
- If you have a PBX
(not a Key System with a button for each line), it lets you see the
status of all of the lines on the system (busy or idle) just like you had a Key System
(requires Full Feature Callr ID Box)
- Look at the Call Log to see if you missed
calls (requires Full Feature Caller ID Box)
- Look at the Call Log to see how many times
the line rang, if it was answered, and the duration of the inbound or
outbound call (requires Full Feature Caller
- Call Counters
for each line show you which lines the incoming calls are coming in on, as
well as a total incoming call counter in the upper right corner of the
screen (easily reset)
Network Setup is easy...
The Network Setup Wizard makes it easy to
install on a network. For use outside the network on the Internet, instructions
on opening a port on your firewall are included in the Help Section of
the Caller ID Watch Plus.
Click to see larger screenshot
Use the Call Logging
Call Log can be
exported to Excel or Access
Call Log exported into
Excel for manipulation
Up to 80 LINE Caller ID Display for our Serial Caller ID Boxes!
80 LINE Caller ID Display shows 2,
4, 8, 18 or 40 lines at a time (SPACE toggles to the next screen of
lines), and runs on just about any old Windows PC and Monitor you have laying around!
Uses the full 800x600
Caller ID Watch PLUS Incoming, Outgoing, and Logging Features:
- Displays number, name (if available), and date/time of incoming call
- Speaks the Caller ID information when the call is received, if desired
- Displays the current Day, Date and Time at the top of the screen
- Customizable color scheme
- Incoming "Hot Calls" are green for 30 seconds so they can be easily spotted
- Starts with Windows
- Sets CPU time to Caller ID Time if desired
- Resettable Call Counters
- Can log the number of rings before the line is answered, only if used with a Full Feature Caller ID Box
- Call Logging for Incoming Calls (Caller ID) to a flat file, in a comma or space delimited format
- Automatic archiving to a separate flat file each day
- Call Logging for Outgoing Calls to a flat file, only if used with a Full Feature Caller ID Box
- Displays Outgoing number and date/time on the screen only if used with a Full Feature Caller ID Box
- The screen can automatically toggle between the 80 lines on each new call
- The screen can automatically pop up (from minimized) on an incoming call
- The last Caller ID number can automatically be copied to the clipboard
- You can manually copy a number to the clipboard by clicking on the line
- Settings can be locked to they can't be changed by the user, on each PC on
- Phone number and date formats can be set for US or European standards
Caller ID Watch PLUS includes an Inactivity Warning which plays a sound to let you know if no Caller ID has been received in X minutes:
Requires Windows 98 or up, minimum Pentium 100 with
256meg of RAM, a real serial port (not a USB/serial converter), hard drive with 200 meg free, a Super VGA (800x600 minimum)
Monitor, and a NIC (Network Interface Card) if you plan to use it over a network
or over the Internet.
The voice features (spoken Caller ID) require
a sound card and speakers.
Comes with a Dongle that connects to the
serial port on the PC that's collecting the data from the Caller ID Box. No
limit on the number of client PCs.
1. If the information you need from Caller ID Watch Plus is important to you, you should probably run it on a dedicated PC. If other software on the PC crashes Windows, you'll lose the information until the computer is reset. Even old versions of Windows (like 95) do an incredibly good job if there is only one program running on the PC. Be sure to remove everything from the Startup Group, and stop the Virus Scanning
software on that cheap dedicated PC.
2. Caller ID Watch Plus Network uses UDP
Packets which are not absolutely guaranteed to get to the client PC. In
reality, we haven't seen dropped packets on the network, but you shouldn't use
the network for life safety applications. Even if a packet gets dropped over the
network, the main PC collecting the Caller ID information will have all of the
information in its log. To get the UDP packets outside of your network, you'll
need to choose a port for them to be sent on, and that port will have to be
opened in the firewalls.
3. If you plan to view Caller ID
information over the Internet from a PC that has a dynamic IP address (that
changes often like residential cable, DSL or a cellular phone data connection),
you'll have to click on the Network Setup Wizard each time the IP address
changes to send the new IP address to the main PC running Caller ID Watch
Plus Network. That takes about 10 seconds.
Part Number: CID2O Price: $139.95
Specialize in Strange Telecom Stuff!
If you need a piece of telecom
or electronic equipment manufactured, use our telecom expertise, our
existing products, our plastic enclosures, and short run manufacturing experience to help you get
your product made quickly.
It may take us as little as a
day to engineer a way to solve a strange problem, and only a short time to
put it into production... even in small quantities.
DTMF FLASH GENERATOR
DTMF Flash Generator
This amazing line powered device will flash (or hang-up) the line for up to a second in response to a pre-programmed code. It's always listening on the line.
A great device for phones without a flash key or no buttons left to program as a flash key. Put it on an Automated Attendant and allow it to do a Centrex flash right on the CO line, to transfer calls off premise. Put it on a cordless phone with no flash key. It will always flash the line for the pre-programmed time when it hears the pre-programmed trigger code. No guessing about how long to hold down the hook-switch! Dial the code from a phone on either end of the call.
The DTMF Flash Generator works well in response to DTMF A, B, C and D tones (fourth column tones).
The line powered DTMF Flash Generator is easily installed in-series with an analog CO line or station port using a modular jack. Programming is password protected, for remote or on-site programming via a DTMF phone.
Using the DTMF Flash Generator to provide a CPC:
Many phone systems allow in-band signalling to indicate to the device connected to an analog station port that the trunk has received a CPC signal from the phone company, and the outside party has hung-up. In-band signalling can be a DTMF digit (including A, B, C and D fourth column tones), dial tone, busy signal or reorder tone. These tones are usually used to signal a voice mail system that the outside party has hung-up.
It's usually necessary to program the phone system's analog station port as a voice mail port in order to use in-band signalling (this is how integration was done in the past). If the system supports sending a DTMF digit when it receives a CPC signal on a trunk, this is the most dependable way of proving an open-loop disconnect to the device on the analog station port. Any other methods have to recognize a tone or silence, which can lead to cut-offs when you don't want them.
Keep in mind that even if the phone system does support in-band signalling when it receives a CPC on a trunk, it may not send the DTMF digit when on a station to station call. That means that a voicemail will hang-up on trunk calls, but not on messages left from a station
In any event, you'll have to do some programming and testing, listening to see if there's a DTMF digit as a CPC on both trunk-to-station and station-to-station calls.
Part Number: MIS1D Price: $74.95 ||| 25+ Price: $72.95
DTMF TONE GENERATOR
DTMF Tone Generator
This amazing line powered device will dial whatever DTMF digits you want, in response to a pre-programmed code. It's always listening on the line.
Most Popular Use? Northern Telecom Voice Mail systems can't send a # while sending a DTMF message notification to a pager (# tells the system to hang-up), which some pagers need as an 'Enter key" when done with a message. Simply program the DTMF Tone Generator to activate when it hears a **, and it will dial a # onto the phone line. Dial the code from a phone on either end of the call. Pretty slick!
It's easily installed in-series with an analog CO line or station port using a modular jack. Password protected remote or on-site programming via a DTMF phone.
Part Number: MIS1H Price: $74.95 ||| 3+ Price: $72.95
DRY CLOSURE MONITOR/DIALER
This Dialer will call a number you program into it, when it receives a dry closure (short).
Most people use this to dial a pocket pager or cell phone, to let them know that something is in an alarm condition.
Short the contracts, and it will dial the phone number you program into it, followed by another string of digits that you program into it. These digits may indicate the site location, the type of alarm, etc. There are two inputs for dry closures, so you can have two alarm conditions sent by DTMF string.
Easily installed on an analog CO line or station port using a modular jack. Easy clips for connecting the wires for the dry closure. Password protected programming, remote or on-site, via a DTMF phone.
Requires 9VDC power cube (Part number TOH90 at $9.95).
Part Number: CID9T Price: $119.95